Do Remember and keep in mind the rule of 60 seconds: That’s the total available time for you in terms of creating a first winning impression in the eyes of your buyer. Following are significant ways and some tips which may prove useful to you in terms of maximizing and enhancing your house’s appeal.
- Clean the house’s doors and tight all the doors handle.
- Remove all the yard clutter and cut the grass and landscape neat.
- Weed and Apply fresh mulch and protective covering to flower beds.
- Clean and wash windows from inside and outside.
- Get the wooden fences to be applied with fresh paint.
- Get the house’s front door to be painted.
- Purchase a new and fascinating welcome mat.
- Get the house’s exterior to be power washed.
- Ensure all the downspouts and gutters are functioning and firmly attached.
- Put sweet-smelling potted flowers near the house’s front door.
- Clean and wash all the ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Organize and clean closets, cabinets and bookshelves.
- Get a renting storage unit to get the items to move off-site.
- Remove everything which interrupts the flow of movement and makes the room to look smaller as well as evaluate and expand furniture in each room.
- Wash the carpets with soap and shampoo.
- Get the broken tiles and worn counter-tops be replaced.
- Remove additional knick-knacks and excessive wall hangings.
- Get all the plumbing leakages including drain traps and faucets are repaired.
- Make minor repairings of sticking cracked caulking, sticking doors and torn screens.
- Replace or fix discoloured grout.
- Paint and clean ceilings and walls.
- Replace doorknobs and worn cabinets.
Special Details for Display
- Keep all the lights turned on.
- Keep pets secured outdoors.
- Keep all toilet lids closed in each and every bathroom.
- Keep all the shutters and drapes open during the daytime.
- Purchase new towels for washrooms.
- Purchase new bed sheets for bedrooms.
- Replace old style lampshades and lamps.
- Keep playing a quiet background music.
- Light the candelabrum and fireplace and get all the ashes to be cleaned.
- Keep the home infusing with a soothing and fragrant scent like vanilla or apple spice.
- Arrange the table of the dining room for an extravagant dinner party.
- Vacate the property during its display.